One of the questions that we get most about our company is how exactly an order works when you place one with us. We understand the questions because the process you go through with us isn’t the same as you’ll go through when you order with another designer. We offer bespoke furniture design, so your order doesn’t exist in any form before you place it. This makes us different from a lot of other designers, but we love it this way. It gives us the chance to hear about what you want specifically before we start putting your new item together.
We thought it was right to put together a blog to help explain our process a little bit more. There’s a few steps before you get to the point where you’re displaying the furniture in your house, but these steps are simple and, best of all, you’ll be dealing with a member of our design team every step of the way. Let us talk you through the furniture ordering process:
- Contact us! We love to talk. Our design team are experts in their field, and they’re in love with making new, custom furniture. If you drop us a line with some of your thoughts, and a few of the designs that you’re interested in, we can talk you through to a point where you’re delighted with your order. Things to remember here: if you want it, we can make it. Our work is totally customisable, so if you like the table-top of one piece, with the legs of another, that’s something we can do at no extra cost. The price only increases the larger your item gets, and the more raw material used.
- After this, we can place your order. There’s a few ways you can pay: via bank transfer, credit card or alternatively we can send through an invoice. It’s your choice.
- Once we’ve agreed on your order and payment is settled, we’ll go away and find the right materials. But we don’t just start making right away - at this stage, we’ll send you images of the wood or metal used, so that you can let us know you’re completely happy with it. This element of the process is popular with our customers because there are no hidden surprises when the delivery arrives with you. If you order our oak dining table, for example, you will see the tabletop before it arrives with you. From top to bottom, we want you to know exactly what you’re getting.
- The design and creation stage of the process can take up to 8 weeks. It’s this time-frame because everything we use is high quality, each design is painstakingly crafted, and our quality checks are thorough. As we go on, you’ll also receive updates from our design team.
- Once we’ve completed the piece, it will be delivered to your home through a specialist courier. This courier is experienced in carrying custom, delicate items world-wide, and takes approx. 5 days. This is important to us, because we want our work to arrive with you in perfect order, to be enjoyed for years to come.
And that’s our process! There are 5 stages, but the work we do is always ongoing, making sure we deliver what you asked for, completely on-spec and in the way you requested. And while the above process is in place, we’re always available to talk through it, and to answer any other questions you may have.
The aim for us is to make the process of ordering your perfect piece of furniture as seamless and effortless as possible. Don’t forget, our work isn’t just for the home. We can create designs for workplace furniture, restaurant dining and more. We’ve had thousands of happy customers, and we hope that we can one day add you to that list too.
There are not comments yet. Be the first one to post one!